ผู้วิจัย/Authors: Wongtan T
ชื่อเรื่อง/Title: Result of Drug Dependence Rehabilitation by Therapeutic Community TC at Chiang Mai Drug Dependence Treatment Center 1994-2002
แหล่งที่มา/Source: Bulletin of the Department of Medical Services, Vol. 27, No. 7, July 2002, Page 291-297.
รายละเอียด / Details:
A descriptive study of drug dependence patients who were admitted in Therapeutic community TC at Chiang Mai drug dependence treatment center between November 1994 and January 2002 was done. There were 169 cases admitted in the TC. The average age was 25+-9 years, 135 cases 79.9% were single. 158 cases 93.5% lived in northern region of Thailand 17 provinces. There were 81 methamphetamine users 47.9% and 57 heroin users 33.7%, 113 cases 66.9% stayed in TC less than 9 months, the rest 56 cases 33.1% stayed at least 9 months, and among the latter group, there were 32 cases 18.9% who completed the TC program. After 1-year follow up, there were 64 abstinent cases 37.9%. We found that the patients who completed the TC program had higher abstinent rate 93.8% than drop-out group (p‹0.01). The patients who stayed in TC at least 9 months had higher abstineut rate 73.2% than who stayed less than 9 months(p<0.01). The methamphetamine users had higher abstinent rate than the herion users (p<0.05) and the patients who were studying or working had higher abstinent rate thanwho were not (p<0.05).
Keywords: drug dependence, abuse, addict, tc, therapeutic community
Address: Chiang Mai Drug Dependence Treatment Center, Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Country of publication: Thailand
Category: Abstract Journal.